Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Dan Small Outdoors: Standing "Heritage Tall"

Dan Small Outdoors: "My scream is still echoing...


If you've ever hunted turkeys all day, had several opportunities to kill a bird, and then finally connected as the clock ticked down to quitting time, then you might have some idea how I felt when my young hunter, 13-year-old Mitch Heuple, lowered the boom on a 23-pound gobbler at 4:45 p.m. yesterday.

When that tom went down, I barked, 'Pump it, safety on!' to Mitch, jumped up, ran to the flopping bird and let out a 'Yeee-haa!' that carried the news to every turkey in two counties.

Then I remembered I had a radio in my pocket."

---------------------

My fellow Outdoor Writer friend, Dan Small stood 'heritage tall' yesterday as he took a young man and his father out for a full day of spring Turkey hunting, Wisconsin style. Read about the exploits of that adventure in this the first installment from Dan's blog, "Blog The Road", this morning.

I can't wait to read, "Part II" as well. Enjoy.

O'fieldstream
The real world is outdoors. Go to it!™:

No comments: