Pages

Friday, November 05, 2004

Lifesize Fish Photos..."Why didn't I think of this?"

As the website says ..."No more little pictures. Show off your BIG ONES."

I was just over on the Heartland Outdoorsman forum and came across a refereance to a site called Customfish.com and I must admit when I first saw it I thought it was another fiberglass/graphite mount maker. But no. These folks take your photos and blow them up - using the technology of digital imagery and large format printing. And I do mean BLOW THEM UP!

Catch a 52" Muskie? Well, don't demean that brusier with a miserly, little, 4x6-squintgraph of him (or her) - have the folks at Customfish.com print you out a LIFE SIZE photo of your whopping big fish!

Now I know what you're thinking, "Aw shoot! That'd be great. But, hells-bells, I can't afford that!" And if we were to time-shift backwards about 20 years .. I'd agree with you .. in spades!! But today, that's an entirely different matter. You can have that big full-size puppy printed and mounted -ready to dispaly on your bathroom wall .. or Hey ! - make it your bathroom wall!! - for less than your kids' last two video games! And believe me, you'll get a lot more pleasure out of that photo than listening to the racket from the 'video game room' !!


I've been involved in the field of photography and graphic arts a long time ... Why, when I started we had to own turkeys to have pens! ... so, I know a few things about this process. This is an investment - not a cost. Here's another point to ponder - and possibly the best reason there is for having these folks make you a big print - this is not as much about a 'picture' as it is about producing an outstanding record of your participation in the Outdoor Heritage. This is something that you will pass on to your kids: both the print and the knowledge of how to do this themselves. And even if the image fades in 20 years or so, the marvels of technology allow you to have another one made - just like it - for .. well, shoot - by then it'll be a lot less and besides, who knows what they'll have going then!!

So - rummage through your photos, slides and yes, even video footage - see what you have that you'd love to hang on your wall at LIFE SIZE .. or BIGGER !!

How about Johnny's first bluegill? Or, Amy's first bass? Even your lovely wife's first trout.. or maybe it would be that really neat photo you took of her curled up on that rock, in the afternoon sun, reading a book, just before you fished that sweet, little run - just one-more-time ..?

Shoot Why NOT! ...Let's just head on outside-the-box and look at Jakes first duck retrieve or the time the goose beat the snot out of him as he drug it - faithfully - back to you? Or how about the deer hunt, or maybe that turkey hunt or that cariboo in .... Yessiree, I do belive you've warmed-to-it and are gettin' the idea!

No go do something about it.

For sure, there's holidays, birthdays, and rememberin'-days galore - upon us and all around us. So get going to the link below. And have a great time remembering those precious moments afield or on the water participating, in the wonders of our Outdoor Heritage, each time you look at your LIFE SIZE print.


[ "Welcome to customfish.com! New this season are Life Size Trophy Prints. Relive your moment of glory at actual size."www.customfish.com ]


A. O'fieldstream

PS. I have no association or affiliation with Customfish.com whatsoever. I'm not even a satisfied customer. I bring this to you as information and nothing more. I WILL, however, check them out and let you know WHAT I FIND in an upcoming issue. How's that?




No comments: